When I first received the email that Marucci was coming out with this bat I instantly purchased it. When the bat was first received I was skeptical about my purchase because I did expect a more balanced feel. My son then started to break it in and I wasn’t amazed at first, then a review came out on YouTube and after the testing I was starting to regret my purchase. I did not want to doubt marucci as I know how well they’re products are. The bat will take more than 250 hits to break in which was why I was nervous. But wow my loyalty to marucci showed up after about 500 hits and the ball just jumps off this bat now, my son loves the way this bat feels and performs.
CAT9 Composite Pastime BBCOR
It took time to satisfy our toughest critics. Ourselves.
The lineup is now complete.
The ultra-responsive, two-piece CAT9 Composite Pastime is crafted with a multi-directional composite barrel and the stiffest connection available for the speed and power you crave.
- MDX, multi-directional composite barrel is built with multi-directionally patterned layers designed to create an ultra-responsive barrel
- One-of-a-kind, OLS, Outer-Locking System, attaches the composite barrel to the composite handle from the outside in, creating the stiffest connection available, while dismissing virtually all vibrations on contact for the strongest, smoothest swing yet
- Two-piece composite construction allows for a longer barrel with more surface area for maximum contact
- Ring-free barrel construction allows for more barrel flex and increases performance with no "dead" spots
- Balanced design with low M.O.I. giving all players maximum swing speeds
- Sting-free comfort knob is nylon molded with an ergonomic design to improve comfort and increase control
- Micro-perforated soft-touch grip with extra tack improves feel and control
- The CAT9 Composite comes standard with a white 1.75mm grip
- Grip weight and manufacturing tolerances may cause slight deviation from the listed weight
- 2 5/8" barrel
- BBCOR certified
- One-year warranty included
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Amazing bat at the college level, Gives great relief off the end of the bat. Barreled balls fly!