My 8 year old son loves this bat and all of his team wants to borrow it too. It works well with the pitching machine!
CAT8 Junior Big Barrel
The CAT8 Junior Big Barrel is a USSSA certified, one-piece alloy bat built with AZ105 super strength aluminum alloy meaning thinner walls, higher response rate, and better durability. The precision-balanced barrel features a ring-free multi-variable wall design that creates an expanded sweet spot, while the patented AV2 Anti-Vibration knob produces a better feel and less negative feedback.
- AZ105 alloy, the strongest aluminum on the Marucci bat line, allows for thinner barrel walls, a higher response rate and better durability
- Multi-variable wall design creates an expanded sweet spot and thinner barrel walls that are more forgiving after off-centered contact
- 2nd generation AV2 Anti-Vibration Knob features an upgraded, finely tuned harmonic dampening system for better feel and less negative vibrational feedback
- Ring-free barrel construction allows for more barrel flex and increases performance with no "dead" spots
- Precision-balanced barrel results in a lower M.O.I. and balanced feel for precision and control
- One-piece alloy construction provides a clean, consistent, traditional swing
- Professionally inspired handle features a removable taper and an ergonomic knob shape for more top-hand control and comfort
- Micro-perforated soft-touch grip with extra tack improves feel and control
- The CAT8 comes standard with a gray 1.75mm grip
- Grip weight and manufacturing tolerances may cause slight deviation from the listed weight
- 2 3/4" barrel diameter
- USSSA 1.15 BPF certified
- One-year warranty included
- Recommended for coach pitch leagues (Ages 5-7)
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The bat speed, pop, balance is spot on. This is a great bat. My phone blows up after people see my son hit with this bat asking where did I get it, how well does it swing...
My 5 year old son played with the 26" Cat6 last year. I did not notice much difference between the Cat6 and the other bat we had. But, it definitely felt more balanced. This year I purchased the 27" bat for him. Wow, the ball is flying off the bat and it did not slow his swing down. Great Job Marucci.
Used my new bat for the 1st time at UNLV Baseball camp. WOW! The "ping" sound off the bat and the POP is just amazing! Lightweight and easy to swing. Also the engraving is great. Great product.
As a travel ball coach, I'm always looking for any advantage I can give my team... The ball just sounds different coming off this bat. The all new CAT8 definitely won't disappoint.
Great bat, lightweight - perfect bat for my son in his coach pitch Lots of pop, Great job on the engraving. I purchased 27/17 for my son
Bigger sweet spot, a lot of pop. Now only if Marucci can send me more bats to try and review? :)