Both my 12 year old and 10 year old use this bat and they love it. It is a hot bat and the ball drives off of it. Cannot recommend strongly enough.
The CAT8 -8 is a USSSA certified, one-piece alloy bat built with AZ105 super strength aluminum alloy meaning thinner walls, higher response rate, and better durability. The precision-balanced barrel features a ring-free multi-variable wall design that creates an expanded sweet spot, while the patented AV2 Anti-Vibration knob produces a better feel and less negative feedback.
- AZ105 alloy, the strongest aluminum on the Marucci bat line, allows for thinner barrel walls, a higher response rate and better durability
- Multi-variable wall design creates an expanded sweet spot and thinner barrel walls that are more forgiving after off-centered contact
- 2nd generation AV2 Anti-Vibration Knob features an upgraded, finely tuned harmonic dampening system for better feel and less negative vibrational feedback
- Ring-free barrel construction allows for more barrel flex and increases performance with no "dead" spots
- Precision-balanced barrel results in a lower M.O.I. and balanced feel for precision and control
- One-piece alloy construction provides a clean, consistent, traditional swing
- Professionally inspired handle features an ergonomic knob shape for more top-hand control and comfort
- Micro-perforated soft-touch grip with extra tack improves feel and control
- The CAT8 comes standard with a gray 1.75mm grip
- Grip weight and manufacturing tolerances may cause slight deviation from the listed weight
- 2 3/4" barrel
- USSSA 1.15 BPF certified
- One-year warranty included
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If your son plays 12-13U travel ball, this is it.
My son has used this style for many seasons. He loves it and has great success with it. It is his preferred style.
Came on time and looks great!
I was debating on getting a 2 piece composite or this bat and I sure made the right choice! Amazing pop right out the package. Grips feel great and very good looking bat.
Bought this for my 13 y.o. because he grew, and needed a new bat. He LOVES this bat!
We purchased the Cat 8 for my son. He loves everything about it, from the grip all the way to the sound it makes when the ball is coming off of the bat. I was a little nervous about going from a -10 to an -8 and how it might effect his batting stats in a negative way since we waited until the end of regular season and he was only going to be able to use it and get the feel of it once before using it in a game situation. Much to my surprise he picked it up used and it first try hit triple. We will only be purchasing Marucci bats in the future.
Bought Cat 8 after using Cat 7 previously. Great balance and feel. Marucci got it right.
Purchased new Cat8 -8 (31/23) for my 11 year old. Great sound / great pop. He had same size/weight in Cat7. Was hesitant to pick up new bat thinking just new paint job, however, the performance of this bat is unbelievably better. Bigger sweet spot, bigger barrel, and the ball flys off the bat much quicker and farther. I definitely recommend this bat as your kid moves up from the -10.