Great pop, durability. Good to go out of the box. No better value on the market.
The CAT8 -5 is a USSSA certified, one-piece alloy bat built with AZ105 super strength aluminum alloy meaning thinner walls, higher response rate, and better durability. The precision-balanced barrel features a ring-free multi-variable wall design that creates an expanded sweet spot, while the patented AV2 Anti-Vibration knob produces a better feel and less negative feedback.
- AZ105 alloy, the strongest aluminum on the Marucci bat line, allows for thinner barrel walls, a higher response rate and better durability
- Multi-variable wall design creates an expanded sweet spot and thinner barrel walls that are more forgiving after off-centered contact
- 2nd generation AV2 Anti-Vibration Knob features an upgraded, finely tuned harmonic dampening system for better feel and less negative vibrational feedback
- Ring-free barrel construction allows for more barrel flex and increases performance with no "dead" spots
- Precision-balanced barrel results in a lower M.O.I. and balanced feel for precision and control
- One-piece alloy construction provides a clean, consistent, traditional swing
- Professionally inspired handle features a removable taper and an ergonomic knob shape for more top-hand control and comfort
- Micro-perforated soft-touch grip with extra tack improves feel and control
- The CAT8 comes standard with a gray 1.75mm grip
- Grip weight and manufacturing tolerances may cause slight deviation from the listed weight
- 2 3/4" barrel diameter
- USSSA 1.15 BPF certified
- One-year warranty included
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My son plays 12u and travel ball. He has used Louisville sluggers and easton bats. He swung this bat and loved it. So we bought it for him. And omg this bat is sweet . He cranks balls with them. He's hitting homeruns likes its nothing. Thanks for the great product Marucci. My son is hooked. We will definitely buy another as well. Uses his Louisville for practice now.
Out of the wrapper it was popping. If you barrel, it will go. I hate red, but it’s a quality product. You get value in smiles!
My son used this bat and went 300. Nice bat MARUCCI!!!
Great bat. My son loves the grip, balance and pop. He’s a 12U player and I’m finding out now that the bat is illegal in both leagues he plays for (Carl Ripken & AAU).
Bought the CAT 8 last week for my 12yo son for travel ball. Hit his first home run in his second at bat. First at bat was a line drive to RC. Bat is hot out of the wrapper
Got this bat for our 12U player. He absolutely hammers this thing. Crazy amount of pop. He does experience a little bit of hand ring from time to time but not as much as his old bat.
My son cracked his Zen and decided to use his older Marucci...he remembered why he enjoyed his Marucci so much and asked if he could get the Cat 8 for his 13U fall season. He had a great season, and the bat performed above expectations. The bat help get even the toughest placed pitches in play when contact was made with the Cat 8. His confidences increased with each at bat
So far so good. My 13U player says it feels so much lighter than a -5. He says the barrel feels so much more balanced than his other -5 bat. He’s had success with the CAT8 in his first tourney with what he said was minimal contact. He’s had two other teammates purchase CAT8’s so expect to see more reviews.